Community Outreach Navigator
Behavioral Health, North Sound 211
2801 Lombard Ave, Everett, WA 98201
June 7, 2021
• The 211 Community Outreach Navigator is a trained Information and Referral Specialist conducting outreach at various sites throughout Snohomish County primarily focusing on rent assistance.
• Through in-person assessment, eligibility screening, and data collection the Community Outreach Navigator assists tenants with paying past due, current, and future rent to landlords.
• The 211 Community Outreach Navigator interacts with a high volume of tenants and landlords, successfully ensuring all paperwork is accurate and complete.
• The 211 Community Outreach Navigator provides resources and referrals for other client needs outside of housing.
· Receives referrals from 211, landlords, community agencies, and others for tenants seeking rent assistance.
· Determine client eligibility for rental assistance according to contract requirements and target resources to people most likely to become homeless after eviction.
· Participate in targeted on-site rent screenings to assist landlords and tenants apply for rent assistance.
· Ensure documentation is collected, paperwork completed, and database information is up to date and accurate.
· Provide excellent customer service in each face-to-face or phone interaction, modeling problem solving strategies.
· Record client’s basic demographics and the referrals given utilizing 211 and Microsoft Office software. Maintain accurate client records for reporting purposes.
· Work collaboratively with other agencies and their consumers to provide information on various services available to Snohomish County residents.
· Complete other duties as assigned
· Associate degree with 1-2 years in a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration is required within 30 days of employment, or equivalent, and must remain in active status during employment
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully with a variety of people in community-based settings including those in crisis situations
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to deal effectively with the public both over the phone and in person, acting as a neutral third party between tenants and landlords
· Ability to gather and organize information; strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, required
UP TO 200 PAID TIME OFF HOURS PER YEAR
MEDICAL, VISION & DENTAL BENEFITS
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM and more….